About the Book
Learn 365 Ways to influence, persuade, negotiate and manipulate others so you can win big in any situation.
- Do you get anxious every time you have to make a major purchase, discuss major decisions with your spouse, make a sales call or deal with your boss?
- Are your relationships mostly win-win situations or do people frequently take advantage of you?
- Do you feel satisfied in your business dealings or do you often feel like a door mat?
- When you negotiate, are you afraid?
- Are you spending more money than you want to spend to for the things you need?
- Are you spending too much time negotiating for what you want?
- Would you like to enter into any negotiation fully prepared to win, and win big?
Pick up a copy of the ultimate book on influencing others -- Donald Hendon’s new book 365 Powerful Ways to Influence -- and find out how to become a winner in any business or personal relationship. Dr. Hendon is a more than an expert—he is recognized all over the world as a master marketer and negotiator, and his new book will teach you how to:
- Become a winner whenever you have to “make a deal.”
- Come out of a negotiation feeling satisfied and confident.
- Know when to compromise and when to hold the line.
- Successfully deal with lawyers, salesmen, bosses and others who want power over you.
- Win big more often in your bargaining situations.
- Be influential and powerful.
- Maximize your success.
- Understand the rules of the game and how to play it.
- Win more by becoming more like a child.
- Eliminate much of the stress in your life.
- Master the games of seduction and power.
Finally Don has written the ultimate book on influencing others and on negotiating techniques that work backed up by his wealth of experience. “In his career he has been a ‘hired gun’ for business and government executives in 36 nations on six continents, helping them make deals with people from at least seventy-eight nations.”
His experience includes presenting several thousand seminars and workshops on persuasion, influence, selling, motivation and negotiation in countries around the world.
He has presented seminars in Asia (Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, and more), the United States and Canada, Australia and the Pacific Islands, Latin America (Mexico, Chile, Puerto Rico, Columbia and more), Africa, the Middle East and Europe. And now he’s sharing his experiences with you in his book
365 Powerful Ways to Influence.
His book includes tactics for dealing with the other person (TOP) for every day of the week (and an extra one for leap year) including:
- The 28 do’s and don’ts of making concessions.
- 23 bullying tactics and how to overcome them.
- How to turn your losses into gains.
- 92 defensive tactics including the power of powerlessness.
- 19 psychological warfare techniques, including the power of YUCK.
- Sex and other temptations—when they work and when they don’t.
- How to deal with people who have nothing to loose.
- The ways children win and how you can emulate them to win too.
- How to recognize dirty tricks including lies, scams, cons and shills.
- The two most powerful defensive tactics of body language and the power of powerlessness.
- When to stall for time, procrastinate on purpose or play dodge ball.
- The benefits of a real sense of humor and how it works for you.
If you want to be successful in your business, sales and personal relationships you need a copy of 365 Powerful Ways to Influence on your bookshelf and you will want to read it over and over again. You’ll learn some of the best negotiating techniques in the world from someone who has mastered the game of influence and you’ll have fun doing it.
Inside 365 Powerful Ways to Influence:
Chapter 16 Dirty Tricks Used by Sinners
The use of these tactics is definitely not win-win. It’s sin-sin. Winning by sinning is not recommended by me at all. . . . Don’t stand for dirty tricks—ever! If you do, not only are you a doormat, you’re probably deceiving yourself into thinking TOP’s motives are pure. When they use dirty tricks, their motives are not pure.
Dirty Trick 1. Get TOP a Little Bit Pregnant (Little Bit Pregnant—Impossible to Go Elsewhere): Before a deal is finalized, you and TOP are at the “courtship stage.” Be careful here; TOP may try to commit you to the deal by making it difficult or impossible to go somewhere else.
- The plumber knows your dinner guests are arriving in one hour; therefore, he stalls and puts off completing the job till the last minute so he can demand (and get double pay from you.
You pay a nonrefundable deposit to a dishonest retailer. When you come to the store to pick up your merchandise, the retailer tells you it’s not available, but a different brand’s available—at a higher price!
Not only is Don’s book filled with great techniques, examples and exhibits, Don’s amusing sense of humor makes it an easy and enjoyable read. Learn how to persuade and influence and enjoy the experience. Once you’ve digested the book you can pick one tactic a day to try out. Soon you’ll have them all mastered and you’ll be a master negotiator.
And Don has the experience to back up his book. “Donald W. Hendon is an expert influencer and negotiator who has trained professionals for three decades and offers marketing seminars across the world.
His clients include Coca-Cola, Kmar and Nissan. Hendon earned his M.B.A. in marketing from the University of California, Berkeley and his PH.D. in business from the University of Texas at Austin. He is the president of Business Consultants International in Mesquite, Nevada, where he lives.” (From the book back flap)
With 365 Powerful Ways to Influence in your library, you’ll have the information you need to be successful in your business and personal life and you will no longer have to fear negotiating in any situation because you’ll have the tools to win.